"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap
toast on a cats back and drop it?"

~ Stephen Wright

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ode to Boxes

All cats like boxes! Right?



Ode to boxes

Box, oh box, 
You're better than an ox. 
You're more fun than the yarn, 
Or the socks my grandmother doth darn. 

Weather you are big or small, 
That doesn't matter at all. 
Weather your cardboard or paper, 
Well, we'll discuss that matter later. 

My box, oh my box, 
You are sharper than a fox.
Though you have no brain, 
At times, to me, you pain. 

My box, Oh my box, I adore you.






I have tried my Haiku skills. 

My delicious yarn...
I do eat you hungrily...
Now I am very happy...



Though, that is not very good... lets try a normal poem....

You know my name is Jasper, 
I very much like to play,
Though I look like a sissy, 
The local bugs I shall slay.

I prowl through my residence, 
Which happens to be my house,
I hope that someday I find inside it,
The residence of a mouse. 

I'll toy with it and bat at it, 
I'll be all brave, and mighty,
I will stand my ground, 
But that poor mouse will be flighty. 

Can anyone write a poem about me? A wonderfully flattering one? If so, write it in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment