"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap
toast on a cats back and drop it?"

~ Stephen Wright

Friday, May 18, 2012

What A Relief

The kitten is leaving. The furry little fuzzball of (nonexistent at this point) fleas. Yes, Solo has found a nice home with a lovely family. You'd think I'd say something snobby like 'What A Relief!' or 'Finally! That thing is leaving!'- but this time, I'm polite. I am truthful. I like that little fuzzball of (nonexistent) fleas, he's a pretty cool kid. This morning, I had a great time playing with him. I'll miss the little rascal.
And that is where the mushiness ends!


 On the other hand (paw), I'll have all the kitty attention again! That may mean more torture.. but more attention is worth it! The little mongrel has been soaking up the attention with his baby charm- you know, everybody likes babies.. they're "irresistible".
I swear, it's like two people trying to upload their one-hundred-fifty pictures on flickr at the same time and one is sucking up the bandwidth! No, it's not that bad... but I'm still  little happy that he has found a home elsewhere, I know this will sound bratty, but I like being in a one-cat-one-dog-six-people household.


[notice I did not say two-cat-one-dog-six-people household]


 I'm so happy that the kitten is leaving, and it will be once again a one-cat-one-dog- (well, you get it....) household, that I shall compose a poem about it!

I am a single cat.
Like a single child.
My family consists of mostly children, 
Which not at all are mild. 


I live in a house on a street,
Most likely, just like you. 
All of the people who come to the door,
I very politely, greet.


I am a single cat.
Much like a single child.
My family is large with many kids,
Non of which are mild. 


My rules vary depending,
On my mood at the second,
But today, my new rule, is 
Out with the kitten! 
(I'll give it some time to pack and leave)


I am a single cat,
In a single house,
With a single family,
(Luckily) with not a single mouse.


I'd like to say right now,
That Solo has to leave,
I'm also going to say,
He is my pet peeve.


I will post again in a day or two!
I hope you enjoyed this post!

~Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment