"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap
toast on a cats back and drop it?"

~ Stephen Wright

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A day in the life of Jasper

Hello, my dear readers...
  I've had a very uneventful day... I have nothing else to say, so let me recount it to you:
Woke up from my little nap at 5:00 AM, bugged my grandfather who was getting ready for work. Bugged grandfather until he was out the door, then darted down the hallway to sleep with my aunt Sophie (yes, I do forgive her for that thing she did).
  After aunt Sophie woke up, I followed her around and meowed occasionally, hoping to get the message across that I WANTED MY BREAKFAST RIGHT THEN AND THERE. As every morning goes, she didn't understand. She simply plopped her bottom on the couch, then plopped the computer on her lap, and played games on the computer for exactly 30 minutes. At around 8:00 (AM) my mother wakes up and sits at the table to have a cup of coffee. I stand on my hind legs and kneed at her thighs until she sighs and says "Fine... I'll get you some breakfast right now." Then, the gives me food. She brings me to my bowl and I sit and stare at her while she says "Eat it, come on, don't you want it?" I continue to stare at her until she sighs and walks away, "I don't know what you want!" she says behind her back. Solitude, mother, I want solitude while I eat my breakfast. I dig in.
  After eating, I sleep some more, only to be awaken by my aunt to be in a pretend commercial for lipstick, a few hours later. I am then put back in my place, which isn't so toasty warm from my body heat anymore. I scowl at my aunt, and leave the room. Then, I go to sleep next to my mother who is doing her math for the day.
  Now it is lunch, and people are making food. So what do I do? I go into the kitchen and beg for the food they are eating. I stand on my back legs and kneed their thighs- of course, this begging thing doesn't work. They all say "Go eat your food Jasper, I know Jade fed you today." (Jade is my mother). I go back to my room and sulk while I nap.
  Now it is 1:52 (PM). I am telling you about the boringness of my day. I know what your thinking, booo-ring!

Well, at leas you know what 'a day in the life of Jasper' is like.


~Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment